Don’t Miss this On-Demand Workshop
Learn trends, tools, and strategies you need to be prepared to maximize opportunities and minimize risks while attracting and hosting customers during COVID-19.
This past year has brought unexpected challenges that have upended the entire economy including the tourism industry. The recovery so far has been uneven with some regions and certain tourism activities rebounding faster than others.
As we all continue to adapt our marketing plans, budgets, and campaigns for 2021 based on updates in regulations and increasing vaccination numbers, we invite you to take this on-demand program focused on the trends, tools, and strategies needed to be prepared to maximize opportunities and minimize risks as people consider traveling again.
For a limited time, receive access to our video library from our Rebound in 2021 through Tourism Marketing event for half price at $39.50 (regularly priced $79) with code Rebound50.
What you get…
- 10 on-demand classes
- 10 PDF slide decks with featured expert resources
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY – WATCH THESE TWO CLASSES FREE!
Class Topics & Descriptions
- “New Trends in Tourism Marketing in 2020″ – 2020 has brought changes in travel, politics, social justice, healthcare, the school year, day to day schedules, and most of all human behavior. What you believed to be true about your visitors or customers and their motivations, needs, and goals last year is no longer relevant. Find out what new trends and studies in 2020 tourism marketing professionals must pay attention to and learn how you and your community can adapt to this new world and serve people more effectively.“
- Using Video to Drive Business during a Pandemic” – Have you established your 2021 video marketing strategy? Video is more important than ever in this COVID-19 landscape. We will discuss how you can leverage video to boost your business amidst a pandemic.
- “Leading Through a Crisis” – Discover lessons learned by tourism marketing professionals during COVID and how to apply them going forward.
- “Take the Guesswork Out of Your New Website” – Redesign your website with confidence: start with a plan for a website that converts.
- “Travel Consideration Advertising” – Targeting people who are considering or planning a trip to your location can be difficult, especially on Facebook and Instagram where search intent is harder to identify compared to other search based platforms such as Google Ads. This class will focus on intermediate to advanced Facebook audience targeting strategies specifically designed to target users who are considering a vacation to your town or region.
- “Social Media Messaging: Innovative Automations to Increase Engagement” – Messaging apps are becoming increasingly popular, especially with people under 40. Find out how you can leverage one to one automated conversations to engage and convert people using tools like Facebook Messenger. Learn best practices for using chatbots and AI tools that can help you build relationships and attract the right people to your region.
- “Getting the Message Right: Communicating with Visitors & Media During COVID-19” – Marketing a destination, attraction or business during a pandemic must be thoughtful and consider the concerns, needs and expectations of guests. Effective communication, whether it be via social media channels, through advertising or with the media, is more important than ever. Careful thought must be given to messaging, including focusing on tone and language to ensure it resonates with audiences. This may require a change in strategy and getting creative with promotional tactics.
- “What Does Google Want? Creating Content that Users and Google Will Love” – One of the biggest misconceptions about content marketing is that there is a conflict between what Google wants your copy to include to rank vs what users are looking for. The truth is that Google wants to show content that aligns directly with what the user is looking for, and a lot can be learned about what users are looking for by reviewing the content on the first 30 results on Google for a search phrase. This class will explore both manual and automated processes for uncovering what users are looking for and also Google considers the best content to create when trying to rank on page one for a keyword or search phrase.
- “Email Marketing Best Practices for Building Engagement and Driving Conversions” – Email marketing is still one of the most effective ways of reaching people and engaging them in 2020. Are you collecting and sending emails on a regular basis? Find out the value of building an email list of qualified, valuable, and clearly segmented visitors, customers, and prospects. Learn tips for putting those emails to good use through automated drip campaigns, contests, special offers, and even social media advertising.
- “What To Expect During the Unexpected” – Look ahead to the next 6 to 24 months and how to adapt to COVID’s continued impact.
Meet Our Speakers!
Justin Belleme of JB Media Institute, JB Media Group, and RomanticAsheville.com
Chris Cavanaugh of Explore Asheville and Magellan Strategy Group
Sarah Benoit of JB Media Institute
Nick Romanos of Status Forward
This is invisible
Read Justin's Bio
In 2012, Justin saw a need for training for marketing professionals and business owners in Internet marketing from industry professionals. He teamed up with Sarah Benoit to found the JB Media Institute shortly thereafter and under his vision and leadership, the program has trained more nearly 200 students in its first three years. Justin is also a frequent presenter on the more technical elements of Internet marketing including Google advertising for businesses and non-profits, SEO and social media advertising. The recipient of the 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the Asheville Chamber of Commerce, Justin is a strong advocate for entrepreneurship, He has served on the Board of Directors of the Asheville Chamber of Commerce since 2015 and is a previous Board Chair for the NC Stage Company.
Read Chris's Bio
Chris was appointed by the Governor of North Carolina to the state’s travel and tourism board in 2003 and reappointed in 2010. He is past chairman of that board, and also past chairman of the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority (overseeing the work of the Asheville CVB) and Blue Ridge Mountain Host, a regional marketing association. Chris received the 2014 Southeast Tourism Society Shining Example Award and in 2015, the Travel Industry Association of North Carolina presented him with the Tourism Excellence Award for an Individual for outstanding contributions to the development of the travel industry in the state.
Read Sarah's Bio
Sarah Benoit is co-founder and lead instructor of the JB Media Institute, a digital marketing school, and President of Creative Original, Inc., a small business web design and consulting firm. She is an SEO, social media, and marketing and communications strategist who has worked in the field since 2003.
Sarah has also led classes, workshops, and presentations about many aspects of digital marketing throughout North Carolina and the U.S. since 2006. She is the Co-chair of Digital Marketing for AIGA Asheville and on the leadership team with Community Roots.
Read Nick's Bio
As Creative Director at Status Forward, Nick splits his attention between big picture thinking and the nuances of design. He believes that progress and prosperity happen most often when people are willing to seek deep understanding of a problem and pursue a solution with courage, creativity and intensity. “Never half-ass anything. Whole-ass one thing.”
Nick grew up in Asheville and mixes business with pleasure, making regular trips back. A graduate of NC State University’s College of Design, Nick has grown to love the Research Triangle and proudly calls Durham home.
Outside of the office, you’ll find him out and about with his wife (Tiana) and daughter (Rory) exploring Duke Gardens, taking in a Durham Bulls game or experiencing the euphoric whiplash that comes standard at the local trampoline park.
Hana Bieliauskas of Inspire PR Group
Amanda Ensinger of Inspire PR Group
Hart Roberts of Chair 8 Media
Cameron Barker of Chair 8 Media
Read Hana's Bio
Hana leads Inspire PR Group’s southern office from Asheville, North Carolina, as well as the agency’s digital practice, including social media strategy, influencer engagement, SEO and digital marketing and advertising. She is committed to using digital tools and tactics to design creative campaigns for clients that effectively tell their individual story and deliver results. Hana has planned 30+ digital campaigns that have won national and regional awards.
Hana regularly works with many prominent national bloggers and influencers on behalf of clients and has presented on social media and influencer relations at conferences and workshops hosted by BlogHer, the Public Relations Society of America, GroupHigh, and various food and agriculture groups. She regularly leads social media trainings and contributes to publications including PR Daily and SmartBrief.
Hana has more than 10 years of public relations experience, primarily working with food, restaurant, nonprofit and agriculture clients. She also oversaw communications at a national children’s advocacy organization in Washington, D.C.
Hana serves on the board of Girls on the Run of Western North Carolina, where she leads the organization’s PR and marketing efforts. An avid runner, she has helped plan many running events, including 5k events for Girls on the Run and Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Hana is also active member of the Public Relations Society of America and served on the fundraising and awards-planning committees for her local chapter.
Hana grew up in Cincinnati and has a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, with a specialization in Political Science, from Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. She enjoys finding new running trails, any new fitness challenge, hiking, traveling at every chance and catching live music.
Read Amanda's Bio
Amanda Ensinger serves as a senior associate at Inspire PR Group with a focus on media relations. A former reporter turned PR professional, Amanda has more than seven years of agency experience. Using her media connections and eye for the news, Amanda has leveraged her media relations skills to ensure her clients’ voices are heard.
From coordinating experiential blogger trips to radio blitzes to satellite media tours, Amanda has experience working with all types of media in a variety of settings. A pro at public relations strategy, local and national pitching, social media strategy and event planning, Amanda can help any client tell their story through earned editorial coverage.
Read Hart's Bio
At Chair 8 Media Hart’s always searching for fresh & unique ways companies can interact, engage, and gain exposure with creativity, analytical thinking, and social metrics. During his tenure in Telluride, Colorado, Hart worked as Digital Marketing Manager for Telluride.com and brought new life to the company’s tourism and marketing strategy with incredible content and powerful marketing campaigns.
Read Cameron's Bio
Cam pushes the disruptive limits of fresh marketing campaigns to help businesses grow at Chair 8 Media. He’s a techie at heart, loves fly fishing, and is intrigued by innovative and unique ways to capture an audience. His experience in tourism and hospitality marketing extends back to his time as Digital Marketing Director for one of Conde Nast’s Top Ski Hotels in America where he helped lead the Hotel’s first brand overhaul and spearheaded their digital marketing efforts.